ART AT EAST END COMMUNITY SCHOOL
Dear Parents and Friends of East End Community School,
I am excited to be teaching art at East End Community School. I love this school, the community and my wonderful students. Please feel free contact me with any questions, concerns or if you have an art skill
you could share with our students. I can be reached at email@example.com, 874-8220 or 874-8228.
My students will create art in a variety of media each year which may include drawing, painting, printmaking, collage and ceramics (clay).
I use the Elements and Principles of Design as a starting point for developing concept based lessons. I also like to use literature and art history as sources for lessons. I enjoy collaborating with classroom teachers and connecting the learning in the art room to the learning in the classroom.
I look forward to getting to know your child and helping them develop as an artist. Please encourage them to create at home! It's fun! Here’s to a wonderful year in art!
National Standards for Art Education- K-5
1. Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes.
2. Using knowledge of structures and functions of art.
3. Choosing and evaluating a range of subject matter, symbols, and ideas.
4. Understanding the visual arts in relation to history and cultures.
5. Reflecting upon and assessing the characteristics and merits of their work and the work of others.
6. Making connections between visual arts and other disciplines.